We were put to the challenge with our monthly being a masculine or spring theme. I loved the browns and paper tearing that I did on Kelly and Chris' Wedding invitations last month, so was inspired for this first one, which was the card that I made for the swap.
The cardstock is chocolate chip, creamy caramel and very vanilla. And the stamps were the Doodle Alphabet and lovely as a tree. I colored in the letters with chocolate chip, close to cocao and creamy caramel. Then after I tore the edges, I sponged close to cocoa around the edges. Here's a hint when paper tearing. If you tear towards you, you get that very frayed/rough look. A very natural, rough edged look, plus the sponging, gives it that antiquey, aged look.
And this one will be one of the cards we make at the preschool night. Also using lovely as a tree and the doodle alphabet. The ink color is mellow moss and bashful blue, which are a soft contrast to the taken with teal and tempting turquoise cardstock.
Stay tuned for some more fabulous swaps...
Happy Stamping,
Suzanne (all images copyright 19990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment