Being a co-op, parents are an active part in the classroom and in funding efforts. So last weekend we had a silent auction at the CASA building in Sooke, and here is something that I donated. A set of 4 Ceramic Tile, hand stamped coasters with a Ceramic Tile Trivet. These are so fun and easy to create. First I picked up the Ceramic Tile from the local Hardware store, then got out my Staz On Ink (a permanent ink usable on many different surfaces). Finished them with a Varathane Sealer and put some little rubber (or felt) feet on the bottom.
I used the Petal Prints stamp set, along with the words from the Natural Beauty stamp set. I was able to select only one word at a time, from this multiple worded stamp, by using a technique called masking.
I put a post it note right on the rubber part of the stamp, covering all but the word I wanted to stamp. Inked it up with Staz On and then took off the post its and stamped the one word onto the coasters.
Then finishing them off, I used my Stampin' Pastels (chalks), to add some color before sealing them and putting on their feet.
The tiles for the coasters measure 3 3/4 squared inches, and the trivets measure 5 7/8 squared inches.
The trivet was also stamped by masking, only a little different. After stamping the words all around the edge, I put a piece of paper in the middle, the same size as the flower I was going to stamp, so that the leaves would not overlap. Then stamped the flower in the middle as the highlight.
So elegant but so easy. And no one will ever know...except you and me of course (wink!)
Have a Happy Stamping Weekend!
Cheers!
Suzanne
(all images copyright 1990-2007 Stampin' Up!)
1 comment:
Hi Suzanne, I LOVE your coasters, they are very cheery! I keep intending to try a few but still haven't. I bet they were popular in the Silent Auction.
Alicia
Post a Comment