Friday, January 12, 2007

Big Blossom



I'm getting ready for my open house tomorrow, so I was playing with my new Big Blossom Stamp from the Sell A Bration Stamps Sets. I'm loving these new "Big" stamps. So many different techniques to use with them.




This first card uses the "Kissing Technique". I inked up my stamp with Cranberry Crisp and then took the flower from the "Little Pieces" set and stamped it right onto the Big Blossom Stamp. The ink had started to dry by this point, so I had to "huff" on it a little. My hot air, moistened the ink back up, ready to stamp. The Cranberry looks gorgeous against the Apricot Appeal and the Mellow Moss. The weather'd background stamp with Always Artichoke was used on the Mellow Moss paper. And I thought the Hodgepodge Hardware in the Pewter, looked "too cute" with this card. The "cute" stamp comes from another Sell A Bration set "So Very". I'll get to play with that one tonight after the kids go to bed!




And this card again uses the Apricot Appeal, but with Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke, it also really pops up right out of the card. The background stamp on the Regal Rose is the "French Script" and the saying in the middle is from yet another Sell A Bration set called "Happy Harmony". I punched the circle out in the middle with my 1 3/8 in. circle punch and roughed it up with the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit. Then punched the regal rose with the same 1 3/8 in punch to matte the saying. And the blossom, of course, looks great stamped with the "Canvas" Background stamp.




How fun will it be to incorporate these big flowers into scrapbook pages. You can certainly test mine out at my "Open Crop" night coming up on Friday the 26th. Only $5 for the whole evening, 6:30 to Midnight(if you wish). No Kids, No Hubbies, bring your books and use my stamps to help get them done. But of course, babes in arms are always welcome!!!

No comments: